Annual General Meeting of Westfields Tennis Club
Black Lion Hotel, Finkle Street, Richmond (upstairs)
Monday 5th March 2018
- Confirmation of Minutes of AGM held 13/03/17
- Annual Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election of Officers and The Committee for 2018
The Management Committee has 3 officers and 6 committee members. 2 current members have been part of the committee for 9 years and in accordance with club rules must now step down.
- Nominations need to be received by email or post by the secretary by Monday February 26th 2018.
- Each nomination needs a proposer and a seconder
- Voting will be by secret ballot
- The following elections will take place:
- Treasurer – see below for a description of duties
- Committee Member see below to see various roles for committee members.
5.Appointment of Auditor of the accounts
Any other business items to be added to the agenda must be submitted by email or post to the secretary by Monday 19th February 2018.
Email the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities of Treasurer
To take the lead role in managing the financial aspects of the club as follows:
- Record all bank transactions
- Manage cash balances in current and deposit accounts
- Report in Management Committee meetings
- Assist secretary in ensuring membership subs are collected
- Pay suppliers and make any reimbursements
- Ensure WTC registration with the LTA is renewed annually
- Produce an Annual Income/Expenditure Report to the Management Committee and to Members.
- Ability to use MS Excel and Word
- Ability to use on-line banking
- Ability to communicate effectively
Duties take approximately 10 to 30 minutes per week depending on time of year.
NB: Not all committee members take on a specific role but the following roles are currently vacant. These roles can be done by current or new committee members or if a club member has an interest in a role then they may be co-opted into that role.
- Overseeing the maintenance of courts, clubhouse and grounds thereby ensuring they are in a fit state to allow members to play tennis in a clean, attractive and safe environment
- Raising issues of Maintenance within the Committee and following through maintenance decisions made by the Committee
- Researching and obtaining quotes for any work required beyond the scope of members, for example, court cleaning and painting
- Researching and procuring equipment such as new nets or posts
- Organising a regular grass cutting contractor each year
- Displaying an annual clubhouse Cleaning rota
- Liaising with Club Secretary over notifications to members, for example, when winter parking commences, or the courts are out of use for maintenance reasons
- Ensuring the provision of PAT testing
We currently enter a team into the Vale of Mowbray Competition which is a Men’s Doubles Competition. We hold our own WTC members’ competitions in the summer and we are keen to organise friendly matches with other local clubs for 2018.
A Competition Secretary or a Competition Committee is required to organise and promote these competitions.