- 4 – 5 doubles teams
- Each team will play each other over a period of 3 months
- Small prizes for the winners
- Sign up on the Club Noticeboard
What is a box league?
A box league is a way in which players can have fun whilst sharpening their skills by playing against lots of different players of similar ability. This is similar to our Singles Ladder.
All the players who wish to participate in the league are split up into small groups of 4 or 5 teams of equal skill level that compete amongst themselves, each team playing all the other teams. The wins are totalled and the teams awarded points and a position.
The winner in a given box generally moves up to a more challenging box for the next round of the league, while the loser moves down to an easier box. New players are inserted at an appropriate level.
- The first round is being organised and will commence shortly
- The second round will be played from mid-July to mid-September
- Each team to bring new balls
- Teams to arrange their own matches
- The Box League will be overseen by Phil Wylie
Please enter your mixed doubles names and contact details on the sheet on the club notice board.
It is called a “box” league because the scores are recorded in a grid-like box format like so:
|Players’ names||Team A||Team B||Team C||Team D||Wins||Points||Position|