We hope we have something for everyone this year. These places are expected to fill up fast so please email to reserve a place
Coaching for Juniors Ages 9yrs to 13yrs
These sessions will be run by Mike Layfield of ML Sports and Fitness. They promise to be fun and informative giving the students an opportunity to improve their tennis and to meet other players.
If you know anyone who might be interested, they should put their names down soon as the courses will be offered to all school students in the area and are expected to be very popular. Mike has previously held these sessions at Richmond School and they have had a very good attendance.
|To book: Contact
Text – 07427 487 107
FB message – facebook.com/mlsportsandfitness
After School Sessions for Juniors ages 9yrs – 13yrs
- w/c Tuesday 5th June
- 6 week course
- 4.30pm till 5.30pm
- £30 per course
- Max 15 children
Summer School for Juniors ages 9yrs – 13yrs
- w/c 6th August
- 3 sessions
- Monday 6th August, Thursday 9th August and Friday 10th August
- 10.00am till 12.00noon
- 2 hours per session
- £30 for the course
Coaching for Juniors Ages 13yrs to 16yrs
- w/c 6th august
- 4 week course
- 4.00pm till 5.00pm
- £24 for course
- Maximum 5 players
Introduction to Tennis for all new members & members who want to brush up on the basics
- Sunday 20th May
- Further 4 sessions or as required
- 3.00pm till 4.00pm
- Free to members
- Basic Strokes
- Rules & Etiquette
- Meet other members
Advanced Adult Players Coaching Sessions with Phil Wylie
- 4 sessions
- 21st May 6.00pm till 7.30pm
- 24th June 6.30 till 8.00pm
- Mon 30th July 6.00pm till 7.30pm
- Mon 27th August 6.00pm till 7.30pm
- £10 per session
- Maximum 4 players.
Beginners/improvers Adults Course with Geoff Thomas
- 4 Sessions
- From 6th September
- 1.30pm till 3.30pm
- £28 for the course
- Maximum 8 persons, 4 persons per court
- if demand is high, we can rearrange.
Private Coaching: Contact a Coach for individual or small group coaching:
Phil Wylie is an LTA qualified level 4 performance coach with over 10 years’ coaching experience, from working with beginners to working with some of the best players in the north east. He also has a top playing career ranging from county champion to playing in national events.
- Contact Phil on 07912 645 071 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. He is predominantly available to coach at the following times from April to September 2017 inclusive:
- Sunday 4.00 – 7.00pm
- Monday 5.00 – 8.00pm
- Day times during the main summer holidays
Geoff Thomas is a Level 3 Performance Coach
- Contact Geoff on 07814 368 898. Geoff is available to come to Westfields on Thursday 12th July, Thursday 19th July and Thursday 26th July from1.00pm till 3.30pm and is also available to coach at Barnard Castle Tennis Club.
Coaching for Non-Members
Coaching is also available to non-members who will be treated as day visitors. Contact a coach for details.
Following a pre-agreed booking by the coach, the session time should be posted on the window of the clubhouse to provide notice to other members that the coaching and court have been booked.